Terms and Conditions
1. The fee recovery and refund policy has been developed to provide clarity on the College's position on the recovery of fees, the measures taken to recover fees, and the limited circumstances in which refunds of fees will be considered.
2. When you enroll, you agree to the College's rules and regulations. In particular, you are agreeing to:
o Follow the Student Code of Conduct
o Give us the information we need to deal with your
o Registration and fees
o Pay your fees in full (as per arrangement of fee payment plan) and on time
o Complete all parts of your coursework
o Take responsibility for submitting assessments for your course at a reasonable date agreed by your tutor.
3. Our agreement is with you in person and not with any third party. You must tell us if you have been excluded from the College in the past. If your exclusion was for misconduct and you don't tell us or mislead us about the circumstances, the College reserves the right to cancel your enrolment.
4. Any criminal convictions you may have must be disclosed to the College. All information disclosed is treated in a confidential manner and is reviewed on a case-by-case basis. The College reserves the right to amend or withdraw offers of enrolment where particular safeguarding matters apply. Individuals will be provided with a full explanation regarding the College's decision making in these circumstances.
5. The information in this handbook is correct at the time of printing. If there has been any change since the printing, we will let you know when you come to enroll.
6. Where applied, we will show the full course fee. However, we reserve the right, in exceptional circumstances, to change fees without prior notice and to amend errors.
1. The fee recovery and refund policy apply to all fees.
Aims of the Policy
1. To enable staff and students to understand the limited circumstances where a refund of fees paid, or cancellation of fees due will be considered.
2. To ensure that policies in relation to fee recovery and refunds are applied consistently across the College.
3. To provide clarity on the calculation of any refunds due.
4. To provide clarity on College policy on the recovery of fees due.
Cancellation - Online Enrolments
1. For enrolments that are completed on-line the distance selling regulations apply. The College complies in full with the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges)
2. Regulations 2013, we will provide a full refund of any fees paid if a cancellation is received within fourteen days of the initial enrolment, and before the course has started.
3. In circumstances where the course starts within the fourteen day cancellation period, the refund given will be adjusted to reflect the proportion of the course delivered at the point of cancellation.
4. Once the fourteen day cancellation period has elapsed the College standard refund and fee recovery policies as set out below shall apply.
5. Please be aware that if you are on monthly or quarterly or any other instalment based fee payment plan, no refund will be provided.
1. Students who withdraw from a course in advance of the course start date are entitled to a full refund, less an administration fee of 10% of the full course fee.
2. Students who withdraw from a course within the first two weeks of the start date of the course will be entitled to a refund of 50% of the course fees (with the exception of (d) below). Where fees paid in advance are less than 50% of the course fee, the balance will remain payable.
3. Students who withdraw from a course after two weeks following the start date of the course, will not be entitled to any refund, and any fees outstanding will remain payable.
4. Students who withdraw from a short course (duration of 9 months or less) will not be entitled to any refund.
5. All withdrawals should be notified in writing to Student Services. The effective date for calculation of any refund is the date of receipt by the College.
6. You will not normally be able to transfer your fees if you change your mind and want to switch to a different course part-way through.
7. Please be aware that if you are on monthly or quarterly or any other instalment fee payment plan, no refund will be provided.
1. If the College cancels a course, or the course does not start due to a lack of support, every effort will be made to offer an alternative. If no suitable alternative is available, a full refund will be given.
1. If the College reschedules a course for a different time or day and this is not convenient for the student, a full refund will be given.
Requests for credits or refunds relating to illness:
1. If a student becomes ill during the period of a course they may apply for a refund if the condition is permanent and prevents them from continuing. If the condition is temporary then they may apply for a credit which will permit them to reenrol at a later date (credits are valid for 2 years). The refund or credit will be calculated on a pro-rata basis from the date of the last class attended. Medical evidence will be required in the form of a doctor's note or equivalent.
2. Under no circumstances can a credit be converted to a refund.
3. The college is unable to make refunds for absence due to changes in work commitments, personal or financial circumstances or any other reasons for not being able to attend the course. Any outstanding fees in these circumstances will remain payable.
4. Requests for refunds relating to withdrawal at College discretion: Where failure by a student to adhere to College policies (e.g. attendance, behaviour, health and safety, discipline) results in the withdrawal of a student by the College, no refund will be given and any fees outstanding in these circumstances remain payable.
Requests for refunds due to quality issues:
1. If a student is dissatisfied with the course and the tutor/Head of School cannot resolve the issues then a complaint should be submitted, in accordance with the College Complaints Procedure (available on the College website or from the College Complaints Officer (email@example.com). The College must be given an opportunity to address any issues that have arisen, however a refund will be issued if considered appropriate and at the sole discretion of the College.
1. Visa refusal: In a case where a prospective student is refused a student visa, the LIAP aims to refund all fees apart from the administration fees. However, in such an event, no refund will be made unless LIAP has received all original copies of the College letters of enrolment plus an original copy of refusal from the appropriate immigration authority.
2. No refund is permitted or shall be made if a student enters the UK on a student visa obtained on the basis of the College's letters of acceptance and enrolment.
3. No refund is permitted or shall be made when a student decides to leave the college for whatever reason after an extension of a student visa has been gained through College facilitation.
4. Please be aware that if you are on monthly or quarterly or any other instalment fee payment plans, no refund will be provided.
Recovery of Fees
1. The recovery of fees is fundamental in ensuring the future viability of the College, and course provision. As such the College will take all reasonable measures to recover all outstanding fees due.
2. In the event that fees are not paid within agreed timescales or instalment plans, the College will first send a written reminder. Students in financial difficulty should contact the College Finance Team and Advice Centre at the earliest opportunity to make arrangements.
3. The College reserves the right make use of debt recovery specialists to support the recovery of outstanding fees, and to include the reasonable costs of recovery as part of the overall debt.
4. Where necessary the College will undertake recovery procedures through the civil courts.
The College keeps your personal information securely and abides by the Data Protection Act. We do not pass on individual student details unless required by law to do so or unless it is essential to run your course, such as dealing with fees or exam entries. The College does not sell or pass on student details to any commercial company or organisation